Does anyone have any advice on how to get the color copiers to work?
I think out of the last 20 times I have tried to use the color copier, I have been successful maybe twice.
Today on R2, I tried to assist a customer. The machine had the correct paper weight in all drawers, no jams, etc. Yet, it proceeded to jam 3x before the customer moved on the the b&w copier.
~katie
For persistently jamming printer/copiers, try this:
Hold shut (all the way up vertically) the bypass feed tray located on the right side of the machine while the copied sheet of paper is moving through the machine. That should solve it unless there is more going on.
You'll note that when you are not holding that tray, there is a 1/4 - 1/2 gap between the end of the tray and the copier. This somehow makes all the difference.
If anyone has problems with jamming printer/copiers, let me know and I can try to troubleshoot them, as I used to work with copiers quite extensively (and cleared 100s of jams). This may save a service call to Oce and keep the machine active for public use.
Let me know if this works for you, Katie.
... Allen
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so the secret is all in the bypass tray being up?
Good to know.
Thanks!
That doesn't always work, though. I've tried it to no avail.
3rd floor color copier does NOT work with this method.
One of the OCE techs was here this morning and I told him about our problems with the color copiers constantly jamming.
He seems to think that maybe the OCE scanner (where you scan your library card) times out before the copy/print job is completed. If this happens, the machine shuts down and hence then jams.
So did the OCE tech implement or at least offer any solutions? Perhaps increase the amount of time before the scanner times out?
Can we get them to come out and address this issue properly?
...allen
That just doesn't make sense to me. Why would it happen on the color copiers but not the black and white copiers?
Post a Comment