So it is Saturday morning and I pull up at 8:15. The guard (just doing his job) at the top of the ramp informs me the building does not open until 8:30 and while he'll let me in he is going to have to send some sort of email to someone informing them of this infraction. This interchange takes a minute tops. I then park and ride the elevator up and am at my desk at 8:18, 12 minutes before I am scheduled to start at 8:30.
Until they perfect quantum transportation that will mean I can get where I am going EXACTLY when I plan on arriving, I tend to give myself 15 minutes. I've seen backups on Houston highways that take as long if not longer, so I like that sort of cushion because I'm the kinda cat who likes to be on time. Thing is, I don't want to be giving security conniptions every other Saturday morning.
Craig-CYOU
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree. With the unseen delays like fun runs, construction street closures I like to leave home a little earlier. Arriving at 8:30 on the dot to wait in line to enter the garage is rather difficult. Also can the staff that are being dropped off at work, not be dropped off under the building so that maybe I can avoid being clobbered by a car coming up the down ramp? My second time guys!
Post a Comment