Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Computer Reservations Note

Here is a computer reservation anomaly that I have observed at least 3 times on R3. The computer reservations screen shows the neon pink of a computer reservation but instead of 60 minutes, it 's stuck at 37 minutes. If I look on the reservations list, however that card # is not listed. When I went over to that certain computer, it is completely shut off. (possibly from the day before.) I turn the computer back on but it still shows the reservation. The system won't let me change the status. Usually I mess around with it and finally goes back to normal. This time I had to call IT to reset the status. I've noticed that the same library card # was involved in 2 of the instances- 22477015901525. Please keep an eye out for this situation. LW

4 comments:

Somer said...

I noticed issues on R3 today, too, but in the one case I dealt with, I was able to reset the status. It seemed to be doing some odd stuff today. ~Somer

Katie said...

I have witnessed the same situation (pink reservation, stuck at 37 minutes, computer off, #1525 card number).... And it is always #77. This has been happening for 1-2 months now.

For awhile I was assuming that it was IT working on it remotely, but I think that something wacky is going on w/ that computer. The card number is for a regular patron.

katie

Laura said...

It's usually been computer # 77 but today it was at # 73.

Katie said...

6/16/09--You will be happy to know that I spoke with the gentleman who owns that library card. We discussed the "proper" way to logout. Hopefully this clears up future problems.