I've been in charge of Staff Summer Reading Club for some time now. It's really fun, but I think I need a little help.
The nature of the work in general is to set up the program in May, answer staff questions throughout the summer, and get the Celebration together in September/October.
Interested? Please let me know.
Darcy
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I can help you with the celebration this year, if you need it. I don't want to commit to anything more right now, though. ~Somer
If I'm in town I'll help with planning and setting up. leslie
I am willing to help as well. I can provide free books:-)
Chris
I can help with planning the party this year. I would like to see more HPL staff involved though - how do we do this? I would love to read reviews from ELT members. I don't have any ideas but just wanted to share my two cents!
OK bye now.
What if we had competitions within departments and neighborhood libraries (including Marston)? Has this been tried before (I do still consider myself a newbie sometimes when it comes to long-standing traditions)? Prizes for groups with the most participation, most completion, etc in addition to the individual prizes we do now?
I'd like to see more Lst staff joining. I asked one lst staff if she joined this year and was told that it was only open to reference staff. How do we dispel this myth?
How can it be for just reference staff when it is posted on the intranet? Myth? I don't think so.
Somer, I had an idea one time of awarding a prize for the highest percentage of participation per branch (one year an ENTIRE branch participated). I couldn't figure out how to make it work, though, without a lot of extra effort from me.
And SSRC is open to EVERYONE ... reference, circulation, administration, delivery ... if you work for HPL, you can participate!
I'm really bad at advertising, and right now I'm bearly head above water as is.
Post a Comment