Darcy recently published instructions on the CEN blog about placing books on hold for patrons who don't have cards yet, using the ICEN holds account + filling in the notes field. I've had more than one call from patrons who don't have cards but want to register for one of our programs. Is there any way to do something similar for program registration? If not, could we create one?
Sorry if this has been covered already -- I looked through my handouts from the training and can't find anything about it.
Lisa
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is a very good question. We want to encourage registration for our computer classes, but many of the people who come to our computer classes don't have Power Cards (& may not be able to get them). I wonder if there is a way that the computer-only cards could be allowed for this purpose.
i created a computer card and registered for a class. What i couldnt figure out was how to go back and see my reservations.
You can register using a computer use only card. I was actually going to suggest a program regsitration class for patrons.
Yes, I just tried this and had no trouble. They can log into their account just like with a Power Card and see their reservations. We can add in a email address, too, if they want to receive email notifications.
Customers can register online for a library card: http://www.houstonlibrary.org/powercard. This card is good for 30 days so as long as the program is no more than 30 days from when they register, I would encourage that this method be used.
Post a Comment