Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Logging out of Google

Please make sure you remember to log yourself out of Google when you are finished. Remember that your log in gives you access to Blogger, gmail, Google Docs, and any other Google applications you may use. Even if you were just leaving a comment on one of the blogs, if you leave yourself logged in, the next person on the computer will have access to anything in your Google account. I would hope that we are all honest enough to log each other out if we realize someone else is logged in, but you don't want to leave yourself open to misuse of your information. (And I am guilty of doing this, too, I know, especially in TR!)

~Somer

1 comment:

Central Library said...

Good point, Somer!

And might I add: Please be sure to lock the computer at the workstations on R1,2,& 3. I've seen several recent instances where the screen was left open and a customer was using the computer (for catalog access... but still...)

Apologies for the re-post (I put this is on the CEN Blog a week or two ago), but it is still happening. I'm not complaining, as that would be throwing stones from my glass house (I occasionally forget to lock up, too!)

Let's try to be diligent about this necessary security step.

Thanks,
...Allen