I have noticed a *huge* increase in personal paperbacks being left behind. I think some customers that live in the shelters are bringing in paperbacks and leaving them behind when finished. Then, they are being turned over to security for lost and found. I'm sure that security doesnt want all these paperbacks that are never going to be claimed...
1--how long does security keep items in lost and found before tossing?
2- should we create a box or something for these pbks?
katie
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think we should toss if they are dirty and turnover to security if they are clean enough. Then security should keep them for 3 days and then we put them on a coffee table in the front with a free sign. Any that are not picked up by the end of the day, get tossed.
Or give the clean books to the Friends for the book sale.
JPierce
In reply to #1, Byron in security told me last week that they aren't keeping anything in lost & found anymore (we were specifically talking about a lost backpack - don't know if this applies to small items as well). We should probably get verification of this new policy.
I found another book, this time on the Sci-Fi display. I took it down to the security office and an officer received it.
Jackie
Post a Comment